! NEW RESEARCH WORK !
A recent publication
by Fréchou M, Zhang S, Liere P, Delespierre B, Soyed N, Pianos A, Schumacher M, Mattern C, Guennoun R in "Neuropharmacology. " highlights the merits of using Bioseb's Rotarod
: Intranasal delivery of progesterone after transient ischemic stroke decrease mortality and provides neuroprotection
The Rotarod is a standard test of motor coordination, balance and fatigue in rodents. It provides an easy way to test the effects of drugs, brain damage, or diseases on motor coordination or fatigue resistance in rodents.
Now even easier to use! The new touchscreen graphic user interface allows clear visualization of timing and speed for each lane. Change modes, adjust speed, and create protocols right from the main screen for greater flexibility with maximum functionality and usability.
The animal is placed on the rotating lane of the Rota Rod and the timer is started. When the animal drops safely into its own lane, the time latency to fall (minutes and seconds) and rotation speed are automatically recorded. A removable upper separator for rat models is included in models LE8305 and LE8505 (4 rats models) to prevent interference between animals running in adjacent lanes.
is controlled by an advanced microprocessor which provides precise timing control and accurate speed regulation. Rotation can be electronically set at a constant speed (4-40 rpm) using a dial on the front panel. Alternatively, acceleration rate may be selected at a defined time (30 sec., 1, 2, 5 or 10 min). Acquired data is saved with the form of table lanes/trials.
The BIOSEB ROTAROD
can also be used with the optional SEDACOM (new version available!)
computer interface providing an easy and convenient way to visualize and export the data on a computer for further analysis through RS 232/USB communication.
Bioseb's Rotarod for rats and mice: the new touch screen display
• Animal latency to fall
• Rotation speed when fall occurs
• NEW Touchscreen User Interface
• Mechanical detection of fall
• Individual lane timers
• Electronic rod speed adjustment: constant speed and fixed acceleration rate
• Automatic recording of latencies to fall and rotation speed
• Mice and rats combined Rotarod available
• New ROTAROD solution for big rat (>500 grams)
Domains of application:
• Effects of drugs
• Brain damage
• Effects of diseases on motor coordination
• Fatigue resistance in rodents.
• Studies on components of neurons mediating the effects of chemicals
• Testing of genetic knockout animals (KO)
• Mammalian balance and coordination
Three models are available
• LE8205 (5 mice)
• LE8305 (4 rats)
• LE8505 (4 rats or 4 mice, only changing the central drum)
• LE8355 (2 large rats)
A removable upper separator is included in the LE8305 and LE8505, avoiding interference between animals running in adjacent lanes
LE8505 comes with 2 drums, 1 for Rats, 1 for Mice. The drum for mice includes spacers to reduce the lane width to 50mm